The extent and condition of ecosystems directly impact their contribution to human livelihoods and economic activities. They provide food and fresh water, underpin some of our activities, help regulate climate and prevent floods and are a source for modern or traditional medicines and they play a role in the regulation of diseases. All of these have direct or indirect impacts on human health. However, understanding the linkages between ecosystem services, biodiversity and health is a complex task that calls for interdisplinary research.
- Connect the picture provided by ecosystem accounts to environmental health outcomes.
- Imagine the interdisciplinary platform that can engage in this new strand of research in the South Pacific region.
Go to the Forum
This discussion will soon focus on concrete actions with the goal of building partnerships and co-create solutions to your challenges.
But for now, let’s start the conversation on the dedicated forum on the theme to:
- Share where you see the potential of the interlinkages between health and the environment.
- Tell the community what you are working on.
- Discuss who else should be involved to create change.